Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some bunny went riding

In the area we live in, there is not much need for a car.  That works out good considering Chris and I share a car, which he drives (far - 50min) to Ko Olina so that we can live in an area that is good for us.  Helaina and I walk A LOT.  Our stroller has more miles than a lot of people's sneakers.  We love it.  Sometimes, for further trips, we take the bus.  I would say falls more under the classification of "we don't mind it."

This past week, we added another option for mode of transportation.   Helaina has her own luxury bike seat that is attached to the beach bike that Chris and she gave me last year.  She loves it and looks super cool in her bunny helmet that the Gerichs girls gave us as a parting gift (sniff.)  We test rode around Ala Moana park the first day and went to the beach.  Today we ventured a bit further to a play group at Kaka 'Ako Park which is about 2 miles for us.  Not too far but were getting used to riding together.    Things went well and we are looking to exploring more places together.  I personally am waiting for her to get used to the bike enough so I can ride and she can peddle.  I keep you posted on the progress.  For now, enjoy the pic's.

Look mom, no hands

does this make my head look fat?

Were going out there?

I'm not sure how I feel about that

Alright, lets go!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, cute, cute, cute. Some "Bunny" went riding?! Cute. You have a wonderful writing style and I feel like I can continue on from Megan's fun adventures of Hawaii in some way now. Going cold turkey was a bit sad. That pic of Helaina that asked "does my head look fat?" was priceless and the one of her saying "I'm not sure how I feel about that" had a look of Sydney to me. The sailing pics were beautiful too. Great job.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! You're out an about- nothing stopping you two now!!! The helmet is as cute as I knew it would be on her. Makes me wish we were right there peddling with you.

    I ♥ your blog- can't tell you how nice it is to see pics of my friends. I know you didn't do it for me, but THANK YOU for doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete