Saturday, April 16, 2011

Inspired by my friend Megan


My friend Megan has an incredible and informative blog!  Her stellar writing skills and humor (as seen above) entertain and keep her family/friends posted of the whatnot's going on in their life.  Incidentally, she comes from a lineage of master bloggers.

Unfortunately for me, Megan, her husband and her beautiful little daughter (that you can't really see in the middle above) moved back to Idaho last week.  I should have started this project when she was around to guide me through and give me some pointers but here we are.  I don't have high expectations for this to compare to the 'master blogger' (as I am dubbing her).  However, I do hope it will help me document the life of our quickly changing Helaina and keep us connected with our fiends and family, most of which are quite far away right now.  Lastly, this will hopefully be quite cathartic in my 'mourning over the loss' of my dear friend who inspired me to make a blog among other things.

We have been keeping busy with the Children's museum (where the above shot was taken), a couple mommy groups, music classes and lots of time with 'auntie' Rochelle and 'auntie' Jo Anne.   My boss lady is waking up from her nap so stay tuned for some updates and pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Love. Love. Love. Thrilled. Yay! Yippeee!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!! Thanks for the sweet words about me and Sydney. We miss you all terribly...Boise would only be better if you were here with us. :(

    Syd was saying "Hh,Hh,Hh" today and so I said - "Do you miss Helaina?" She replied with her "I love you" pat on her chest. I said- "Oh, you love Helaina?" She patted herself again and all I could say was "I love Helaina too."

    So thrilled we get to keep updated (photographically) b/c of the blog!

    Hugs,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm so thrilled too. It will be fun for me to see the changes in Helaina until you come to Idaho to visit which I hear is going to happen in the future. That's awesome! Your family will love that you have a blog. I love your background ... good job. You are on your way to a slight addiction.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't keep us in suspense! What is Megan's blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg's blog is http://gerichs.blogspot.com. It's under my favorites. Her mom's "fairly candid" is a link from her blog as well.

    ReplyDelete