Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bit's First Pizza

We have adopted a fairly healthy lifestyle, especially with food.  Don't get me wrong...  Chris and I love desserts, dishes with heavy whipping creams, and an occasional hamburger not to mention my addiction to chocolate is quite notable.   However, when I started making Helaina's food, it prompted us to eat more on the healthy side than we have ever for our daily meals.  We have explored Lentils, enjoyed more all veggie dishes and become a big fan (thanks again to Megan) of Quinoa.  We are almost exclusively eating the same food as Helaina.

The operative word here is almost.   One of our newest fun, not so great for you foods is Costco Pizza.  It's good.  That sounds like a simple compliment but I am an Italian from Jersey and I'm calling this good pizza.  **side note, this could also be the affect of living on an island with not too many authentic NY Italians making pizza.  Anyway, We get the 5 cheese kind and scrape off 7/8th's of the cheese.  (it amazes me that they sell these with soo much cheese and I'm sure not everyone is scraping it off!)  Normally, I put vegetable topping's on mind so I feel 'good' about eating pizza.  This past time I was short on veggies so I went for broke and topped it with Bacon.  It was fantastic.

Not wanting Helaina to feel left out, I made her a miniature pizza with a pita crust, tomato sauce, zucchini, chicken, and topped with some cheese.  All organic, of course.  She LOVED it.  Although that's not surprising because the only food we have found her not to care for is olives (daddy's girl).  Below is a couple shots of our pizza's together and a moment that captured her devouring the pizza.  Someday she will nosh on a real pizza with us but for now, I don't think she minds.

You know your mouth is watering

In an Italian accent "She lika da Pizzaaa"

1 comment:

  1. I'M jealous of that girls pizza!!! I love how you explore outside the box to make a meal for her that "fits" with what the family is having.

    Oh, and you have a chocolate addiction...how could I not know that? ;)

    ReplyDelete