Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Da" plays soccer

Chris works A LOT and hard.  He does not get to enjoy Hawaii the way Helaina and I do.  Actually, he doesn't get to do a ton outside of work.  Fortunately, he just recently was able to begin playing soccer again.  They had their first early game and Helaina and I were able to go and watch.

Well, at least we were able to go.  Containing a 15 month old, especially outside, is not a task that I have mastered - nor do I think I will ever.  Good thing she will only be this age for a bit :o)  We attended the game and pointed out all the airplanes and dogs that we saw.  All the red dirt mommy didn't want her to play with was found and she immediately began asking for the dinner she knew I had packed.   During one of the timeouts I had to ask Chris what the score was, as I was unable to even keep up with that.

What matters most is that she had a great time and so did Chris.  The team captain showed the Hawaiian Aloha and introduced us to the team.   I'm grateful that after much searching, Chris is able to do something that he loves to do and that will keep him in shape enough so he can keep up with Helaina when she decides it time to kick the black and white ball around.

My handsome man, especially in black!

Go airplane, doggy...I mean daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You went to a game!!! I'm so glad he's found a team he enjoys...and so glad that Bit gets to watch the airplanes, I mean doggies...errrr, "da" play soccer!!!

    MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete