After the shock and scare wore off (well most of it anyway), we took action. Action included a trip to Babies R Us (my least favorite store on the planet, but I digress), to the tune of $385 buckaroos with a coupon. What pray tell, you may ask did the small fortune get us?
1. Two boxes of diapers -- nothing to do with our issue but if it's one less time I need to step in the forsaken store, all the better for me.
2. One new monitor to replace the piece of junk we purchased on our first go round that was not cheap either. Camera 2 is on it's way from online -- and cheaper too.
3. One bed side rail to replace the one that came with the "big girl" bed. The one that came with left no room for the 19 month old to crawl down when trying to get out of the bed --- therefore having her fall once again - a much smaller distance than a high crib -- but none the less this one makes it more safe for her escape efforts. The new one is shorter and when placed correctly, leaves a nice sized opening for her to get down without head injury (in theory)
4. One stool since even with the new opening, she's not tall enough to reach the floor safely. -- I love teaching my 19 month old how to climb on things when she hadn't yet figured it out.
5. Safety locks for her drawers -- not that there is anything unsafe in her draws but for Mommy's sanity when she is in the room by herself and decides to "yard sale" everything in her drawers.
6. Chocolate -- because I'm pregnant I couldn't have a drink -- not that babies r us served alcohol but maybe they should consider since I feel like I've been taken advantage of every time I leave there.
![]() |
| Big enough to help put it together too. |
![]() |
| Looks like a 3 year olds room to me |
So with all our new items, we have embarked on our big girl bed adventures. We are showing signs of progress and it's not as painful as the first few days were. We had company come to stay with us (info to follow) so we weren't as steadfast as we would have been with letting her work it out. We even slept on her floor one night to get her to stop crying and stay in her bed. Now that we are back from our staycation (info also to follow) and our company has left, we are all business when promptly returning her to her bed and getting her to work it out on her own. We are showing signs of hope that it's working.
It's been a learning experience for all of us. My best friend Cathy has often said, "just remember that everything that kids do (good and bad) it's all a phase." I try to remember that when I am on the 17th time of returning her to her bed. I'll keep you posted of our progress. On the bright side, we will have one less crib to buy and one less transition to cross when baby 2 get's here.


So fun to catch up with your family shenanigans. So cute that girl of yours. So are babies growing up faster or is it just me? Yep they are, and yes I am. I feel about Bed Bath and Beyond the way you feel about Babies R Us. Not sure you care, but just sayin'....
ReplyDeleteMary