Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh Baby!

Although my belly is growing and we have monthly visits where we hear the heartbeat, there is nothing like the confirmation of your pregnancy than having an ultrasound.  We were blessed today to see and the littlest Higgs baby and to find that everything is progressing nicely.  We have chosen to opt out of the newer (and older) technologies of genetic testing so hearing the doctor's confirmation of a healthy baby was encouraging.  The pictures are currently displaying the appropriate alien look but it's still a face a mother can love.  Also, there is a 100% chance of the baby being a girl......

or a boy.  Helaina came along for the visit and kept saying "baby" while looking at the screen.  It was very sweet.  She was also very patient and polite.  Hopefully a sign of things to come for her sibling.

such a cute skeletal foot

Thumb sucking!






















Everyone else is also doing well.  We are currently hosting our friends Jerry and Mike for their first Hawaii visit.  It's great because we get to do the 'tour of the island' that we don't take advantage of often enough.  Helaina has quite enjoyed their visit as well. (pictures to follow later)

The first phase of project that Chris is working on opens next week so he is more busy than I thought possible for one person.  I can't help but feel confirmation that God looked fairly upon me when he joined Chris and I together.  Despite his working ALL day (no exaggeration) for this whole week, he took time to come to the ultrasound, entertained our friends this weekend, and has not wavered from his amazing daddy and 'husbandness'.







2 comments:

  1. Go thumb-suckers!!! :) Love the foot, love the face, love the belly...

    I think it's a boy...no other reason than when I first saw the face pic I thought boy...and you totally got me when you said 100% girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Poll wouldn't let me vote (maybe you have to be a Blogspot.com person) but I vote BOY, OH BOY what a cute little thumb-sucking boy. He does look a little alien-like because technology is so amazing today to capture such detail, but I too was like "huh? when you said girl. Congratulations again ... so excited to hear everything is progressing so nicely. Congrats to Chris on the "husbandness" too. :-) Mary

    ReplyDelete