Friday, January 11, 2013

Catherine Lawrence & other updates

If you know me, but do not know who Catherine Lawrence is (otherwise know as Cathy), we should really talk more often or more on a personal level.  She is my BFF.  She is beautiful on the inside and out, motivated, smart & hilarious.  She is that someone that I prefer to look up to, value her opinion, laugh with, cry with, be honest with, eat and drink with etc.......  She is all encompassing and I consider myself blessed to know her.

She recently came to see me. OK by recently I mean very early November but I could not write another blog without capturing the great time we had and giving her due props.  I complain about being busy but she has 3 very active boys, a successful business that she runs with her husband, & she is quite social.  You would never know how busy she is when we spend time together or when considering she arranged time out of her life to come see my family from the east coast, AGAIN!  She always makes me feel like I'm worth the visit and we get completely engrossed in conversations as if no time has passed at all.  Our daily lives don't necessarily permit for the kind of in-depth or nonsense that we can get into.

She is an avid picture taker like me, though she's quite talented.  Ironically enough, neither of us barely took any pictures during her trip.  Apparently we were too busy.  We hung with the family a bit however, my wonderful husband obliged me for a ENTIRE GIRLS DAY of shopping, eating and 'tasting' some wine!  It was quite lovely.  She had a bit more luck then I did at some of the consignment stores but I had just as much fun picking for her as I would myself.  We have a quite a shopping history together and I am glad that there is not a running total somewhere, especially from our London and NY escapades. (yikes)

She said she will come visit in China and by golly, if she says it - it's true --- Her track record is impeccable.  I did not have to wait that long as we crossed paths in Orlando over the holidays.  I can't wait to see her again and I hope that if you haven't already, you get to meet her one day.  She's pretty fabulous.





1 comment:

  1. What a sweet ode to your Bestie! I've never even met the cool chic, but with as much as I've heard about her- how could you not love her? Smiles over here just knowing how much she means to you. Friendship is a beautiful thing!

    P.S. Love the blog background!

    ReplyDelete