Friday, September 2, 2011

"Ca-tion"

We had a mini "staycation" on island.  We were generously invited to 4 test day's of Disney's Aulani, which is the hotel Chris has been feverishly working on to complete.  (phase I)  I was purely excited just to get to see my husband for more than 1 minute at 5 o'clock in the am when he would leave for work and 1 more minute at 12:00 am the next day when he would get home to do it all over again.   He was exhausted and I wasn't quite sure he could separate himself from work by being at the place her works at, but he did a great job.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful.  There are so many things that I like about it.  The grounds are amazing and the 3 story slide is F-U-N!!!!  The Spa is the best I have ever been too.  I relaxed just by walking in before I even got my massage.  We were treated with the Disney quality that is not easily found on island.  I could go on and on but you really should consider at least a brief stay there if/when you come to visit.  My most favorite part was watching the fun that Helaina had.  She kept saying "cation" and smiling.  Despite being a "Disney" family we have somewhat 'sheltered' her from any type of characters.  This weekend singlehandedly threw her into character 'awareness.'  She was obsessed with them all (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Stitch)  However, she would not dare touch or take her eyes off them when approached.

Since our honeymoon to Thailand, with the exception of family visits, we have taken 1 vacation which was 3 days to Maui.  It was our 1st family 'cation.' It really was a great time and we hope to do it again while we are still here.

Our 1st character encounter

The second -- Auntie Ro protecting her from Stitch

She did not take her eye off him (he's kinda' scary)



Sunset with Daddy

Uncle Jim and Auntie Ro

Menehune water playground

Lazy River with Daddy

Yummy Dinner night!


Yup, even Mickey waffles

Maybe that's why Micky finally got a kiss

View from above. Check out the lazy river and the slides!

This cation stuff is tiring work!



3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun. I love the lazy river ... and the last picture is the best. I love her hair ... it is growing so pretty. Your background is perfect for this post too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's wearing BOWS?!?! You left that LITTLE piece of info out! She's growing up...whaaaaaaaa....wish I were there to "cation" with you.

    ReplyDelete