Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Tras Truc" This one goes out to all my buddies at WM.

Really I blame the fact that I worked at Waste Management while Helaina was in utero.  My MIL said that Chris was obsessed with trucks as a child too. either way, our newest obsession is with Trash Trucks.  We live on the 34th floor and have an incredible view...beach, mountains, and some urban landscapes too.  Because we live in a large city, the trash cans are serviced by a little truck going to pick up the industrial cans (6 yarders for all my garbage groupies) and brings them out to the busy street so the traditional commercial truck can service them.  Our building has about 6 regular cans that are serviced several times a week.  That would be 12 bangs on the asphalt (two for each container) that are just loud enough to hear from our place.
The reaction is as if if you were giving away free ice cream. (not that she would have tried that yet but you get the point)  "Tras Truc, Tras Truc Tras Truc Momma, Dadda"  Not that the banging is the only cue.  Any truck beeping will do.  Heck we don't even need a cue, we can get summoned to the window 25 times a day for nothing more than to see if the containers are being serviced.




The good news is that airplanes have taken a back seat for a while and we don't have to hear "air, air" 40 times a day.  As a former trash geek I have to say I don't always mind watching the process.  There aren't as many rules here in Hawaii, or at least these drivers are not following them.   The drivers have their way with the cans and throw caution, as well as other's drivers and road rules to the wind.  It's quite comical to watch, at least in the safety of our apartment.

We have even made a mini trash truck our of her bristle blocks

I think Chris and I are having more fun with her blocks than her.  
I've included a few other random pics for those of you who solely check this site for Helaina.  You know who you are.

She looks like a worried princess.

Daddy dubbed this one Lionel Richie

3 comments:

  1. My nephew's 2 year old son was so enthralled with the "garby" trucks this past six months or so. They sit on the outside step "waiting" for "Dave" to drive by and pick up the "garby". It was all we heard about from the family during that time -- loved it. He is now into "baketball" and other things, but Dave will always be a big part of his life. As for Helaina, that girl is just so dang cute. I love reading your stories. Btw, thank you for such a nice comment on my blog. I am really starting to get to know my newest camera (a year old with two months in the shop) so that has made a difference. Passion makes up for the other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bristol Blocks are great aren't they? We have one stuck in our shower drain right now. (The orange round handle one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. When she is old enough she can come work at WM. I will give her a job in sales... Can't wait to see u during ur visit.

    ReplyDelete